Interstellar Pilot 2 - Feature preview
Updated ship artwork
Note that ships are currently without decals / trim, which will hopefully be added in a future update. There are plans to update other ships and stations.
The previous 20 static sky backgrounds are replaced with run-time generated ones.. now there are infinite combinations and sectors can stand out more. It's even possible to change the sky while the game is playing (God mode - IAP).
"Intel" - Satellites, sensors and sector maps
- New ability to view the sector map in all sectors, not just where the player is
- New sensor relay - if an owned ship can see a ship elsewhere in the sector that your own scanner cannot detect, you can also see it
- New satellite station type - a small unarmed structure that possesses just a scanner (with range equivalent to a ship). The satellite allows the owner to view areas of space where there aren't any ships/stations.
- Factions now rely on intel, their ships can't intercept things they don't know about
Custom fleet formations
Fleets can now be given a custom formation and bunch up or spread out..
Long journey times are now a thing of the past with hypersleep, up to 16x time acceleration
Permadeath / Ironman mode
When starting a new sandbox game, for a more hardcore challenge it is possible to enable Permadeath. This means dead is dead - when the player dies the game is over permanently.
Permadeath games are marked with a skull. There is only ever one save file for a permadeath game.
God Mode (IAP)
Do things you wouldn't normally be able to do with God Mode..
- Spawn ships
- Spawn stations
- Spawn cargo
- Spawn asteroids
- Spawn bandit fleets
- Teleport anywhere
- Upgrade ships
- Become invulnerable
- Have infinite credits
- Force entry into another ship/station
- Take ownership of another faction
- Leave a faction and let the AI take over it
- Make your ship reach crazy speeds
Note: things are being added to god mode in every new update and it will eventually morph into a fuller creative mode.